Saturday 31 December 2011

Newbiggin for Desert !!

Friday morning saw my good lady and I food shopping at Killingworth in readiness for the family onslaught on New years day, this went quicker than expected so a trip up to Newbiggin to see the Desert Wheatear was on the cards.On arrival there was no sign of it at Church point so I scanned the bay to the left about two thirds of the way along I could see two tripods set up and made my way towards them,I met with birders/photographers on there way back who informed me the bird was still present but very skittish as I got nearer it looked like the bird was making its way towards me so i would lay in wait (as per Holywell Birder ! ).It soon became apparent that this new camouflage jacket does not work on sandunes as the bird turned and fled the other way (drat) anyway had good viewing thru the bins then managed a couple of hurried shots.



                      Happy New-year everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment