Friday 23 March 2012

Holywell pond

A misty start to my visit down the pond this morning but the sun was trying a little to get through, the feeding station on the field corner was my first stop two Tree Sparrows were the only birds present in ten minutes of viewing" mmm" hope the public hide is going to be better ! I could hear plenty honking on the way down as another pair of Canada's dropped in, a few gulls and a solitary Redshank adorned the waterline then a Snipe landed in the eastern corner and started feeding straight away just as I was setting up the camera, it wasn't long before the Redshank became two as I scanned the lake Gadwall seemed to be the in ducks today with five pairs present, best birds tho were the Lapwings they were just stunning and finally a nice Grey Heron a nice couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment