Wednesday 18 November 2020

Redstart !

I had a couple of hours spare yesterday so a quick trip to Tynemouth to see the Black Redstart was on the cards (or so I thought).

On arrival two other people were there with the same intention as me, I was greeted with been here two hours and not seen it yet little did I know that was going to be the theme for the rest of the afternoon,the two people left and I was joined almost immediately by Simon a bit of a catch up followed then we got our eyes on this stunning Purple Sandpiper which stood out a mile from a second bird close bye, if only there had been a bit of sun on it (it was indeed almost purple).

 



These Rock Pipits kept us busy darting and chasing each other around" hoping one was the Redstart."


And likewise this Grey Wagtail


Alas no Redstart but still worth the trip for that Purple Sand.

Thanks for looking
and STAY SAFE.

Joe.










No comments:

Post a Comment