Monday 21 December 2020

North Blyth

 Weather forecast was for sunshine and showers so I decided on a trip to North Blyth to see if I could connect with the Snow buntings again ,on my way down to where I had seen them before I could see that the sun was going to cause me problems as it was nearly into my face .                                              I had just finished putting some seed out when eight buntings landed on the concrete wall further on I waited a while but they seemed content to stay where they were so I walked round to get the sun in a better position and managed a couple of early shots,I then moved back to my original position keeping the wall in the background to try for better pictures . 


This one was just enjoying the sun on its back.





Thanks for looking every one
have a good CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR
STAY SAFE
Joe












 

2 comments:

  1. Just seen your comment from 19th Nov on my blog Joe, thanks very much for that. I'm up the coast in the morning & am planning to call by at North Blyth. Snow Buntings are lovely birds as are Twite !!! I saw both a couple of weeks back but Snow Buntings for all of 5 seconds before they disappeared & the light / shade was tricky with the Twite plus they were feeding in n out of the compound so i just enjoyed watching them then left them in peace. I see you got some nice shots of both on your two visits. Nice to see you're still getting out despite the desperate state of affairs atm with this virus. I've not been out a lot & when i have i've kept my distance. Snab Point & Lynemouth beach have been canny recently as they are reasonably quiet. Have a merry Xmas & let's hope things improve in the new year BUT above all stay safe !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Johnny very nice to hear from you again always nice to read your comments and that you are still managing the odd trip out!,I should have learnt from my first visit to north blyth to go in the afternoon for the sun and I am also trying to get an old head around some new technology.I have been lucky with some nice birds to photograph over the last month as you have seen ,i watch for a nice day (if poss) pack my gear ,mask and sanitizer keep my visit to a minimum and then scurry off back into lockdown.

    STAY SAFE Johnny hope to meet up next year.

    ReplyDelete