Thursday 5 May 2022

What a Bird

 A few days away on the east coast was the only excuse I needed to visit RSPB Bempton in the hope of connecting with the long staying Black Browed Albatross and I wasn't disappointed one bit, I was quite fortunate  on the day we arrived as there was a bit of wind blowing which gave the bird more lift and brought it up the cliff face and allowed for a couple of eye level shots



Most of the time I was looking down on the bird as can be seen in the next shots.



look at the size difference compared with the Gannet
you cant leave out the Gannets when you come to a place like this.


and finally (only saw three)


Thanks for looking
STAY SAFE
Joe.

 










1 comment:

  1. Brilliant Joe. Must have been awesome seeing it at eye level !!!! I've been thinking about going down to see the bird for some time but not got round to it. The thought of travelling all that way and for the bird to go missing keeps putting me off. I think that happened over the holiday weekend then it returned on the Tuesday !!!!!!! I WILL get there. I've been to Bempton and as you say you have to give love to the Gannets. I watch them often passing Chuch Point, shearing the water as thety pass, but getting close to them nesting on the cliffs is an experience in itself plus other nesting seabirds. Fab pics. Well done

    ReplyDelete