Saturday 3 September 2022

Gosforth Park N/R

 Its been a while since my last visit and with my mate being a bit busy and then finding himself ending up in hospital I thought I would stay local and give it a go.You can't go to Gosforth without the chance of a Kingfisher and sure enough this fella came in with his landing gear down.


But this place is not all about Kingfishers like this bad ass looking Water rail just looking for bother


But then the long awaited rain came and this Snipe decided to head for higher ground


The shower didn't last long and we were back to normal service,
the young Terns have found their wings and are flying between the floating island and the platform its not going to be long before they are away


It was really nice to see this family of Common Sandpipers arrive for a small rest  

They looked really fresh (no doubt on there way to Africa )

And the crappy picture of the month goes to this Common Tern feeding a Grey Heron !!


And on the way out I was rewarded with Roe Buck not too far away giving me the chance of a  nice picture and a head shot.



I might give it a couple of weeks before my next visit.
Thanks for looking 
STAY SAFE
Joe.


















No comments:

Post a Comment