Thursday 23 February 2023

Hoot - Hoot

 It seems a long time since my last post probably down to the fact I haven't been out as much (trying to keep warm )and the times I have been out there's been nothing of any note. However yesterday was a little different ( grandson in tow ) we visited the pond and then went down the dene to see if we could catch up with the Tawny Owl .Sure enough it was in the same tree I managed to see it in two years ago here it is just keeping one eye half open on things below.


Grandson was over the moon he had seen the Owl( but I might think twice about lending him my lightweight binns again) however I did managed a couple of decent pics .
That night arrangements were made with my mate to visit the site again the next day. Alas no Owl the tree was bare, scanning around we spotted it sunning itself in the fork of a tree further along but it had its back to us the only way we were to get any photo's was to cross the burn and try from the other bank here's the result.

Here's a cropped image

Just chilling in the sun.

All the above images taken on a Canon R7 with Rf 100 -500  plus 1.4 tc

Thanks for looking
Stay safe 
Joe



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment