Thursday 7 January 2021

A Kestrel Morning.

Having waited for a break in the showers I set off on my walk to the pond, I had just got to the end of the village when I came across my first Kestrel it looked quite a small bird as it flew onto the top of a telegraph pole I presumed it to be a first winter bird?


Having travelled along a very muddy waggon way until I came to Holywell flash looking rather splendid but only hosting a few BH Gulls. I could see another Kestrel hunting over the field towards the Obelisk,as I turned towards the pond another rather splendid looking bird landed in the tree in front of me (Kestrel no three).

I got quite close.

This bird then flew off in the direction of the flash, A quick peek in the public hide produced nothing but the usual suspects, coming up to the gateway to the key hide there was another Kestrel in the tree top above me (no four)


I then turned to take the last section of path back to the village nearing the small cut between the houses I came across my last Kestrel (no five) .


What a morning.

Thanks for looking
STAY SAFE
Joe.












2 comments:

  1. FOUR Kestrels Joe !!!! Very canny. There's been a Short-eared Owl reported out towards the obelisk a couple of times recently.... don't know if you knew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Johnny,I didn't know about the SEO's have had a couple dog walkers keeping an eye out over that way for me but they hadn't reported any,I will extend my next walk with my waders on as the paths around this area are diabolical at present.The kestrel total was five (a great morning)tried again yesterday nowt! but thats birding. cheers.

    ReplyDelete