Monday 9 August 2021

July hols part 2 (Strumpshaw fen)

 This was probably the best stop off of the hols even thou we were too late for the Swallowtails. Having being told at reception about the Kingfisher that was visiting the fen hide lagoon I chose an early morning start.


No time to check my settings as this Marsh Harrier took of from its night perch on a very misty morning


The info proved to be correct.


This little Reed warbler kept me entertained while waiting for the kingfisher


The Harriers had two youngsters which kept them busy with food passes


This Great white Egret gave a decent view as it flew past as did the Tern chick below waiting to be fed.


As I was leaving the fen hide this bold little fella took me by surprise


Thanks for looking
next stop Frampton marsh.
Stay safe
Joe.













No comments:

Post a Comment