Tuesday 10 August 2021

July hols part 3 conclusion.

Frampton Marsh.

 Its been two years or more since my last visit to Frampton and it would seem something always tuns up on one of these visits ,last time it was a Black winged Pratincole which had the better of me as far as photographs go ,this time it was a Pacific Golden Plover I was assured of that by (them that knows ?)albeit a bit moulty.

On the way up to the flood bank to see the plover we passed eight spoonbills  just chilling or should that be nearly awake ??



It was best viewed through a scope as it was quite a way out on the marsh but this was the best I could get out of my gear and the bird was a first for me.
Back at the campsite the owner told me of a kestrel that had nested in an owl box at the bottom of his garden and had two young fledglings ,this is a picture of the female sitting on top of the box


Just packing up now hols all over,(now where did I leave that bloody horse ??)

Thanks for looking
stay safe
Joe











No comments:

Post a Comment