Tuesday 16 February 2021

Weekend winds.

 Having spent the weekend firmly indoors because of the Baltic conditions outside and doing my birding through the double glazing ,on the Saturday as I was thinking about lunch I heard the unmistakable sound of Buzzards calling just above the house looking out two buzzards were having a right set to but I managed a couple of belly shots before they disappeared into the sun.




Then on Monday as things had calmed down and was looking like a nice day I tramped down the pond (with wellies ) the pond was still frozen over and all the wildfowl was over the far side so I moved on to the flash which was also frozen ,a solitary Redshank and surprisingly the Turnstone had returned
 ( not often seen on Holywell ).
Retracing my steps a look in the hide produced this rather nice Little/Egret I think it was just testing the water temp ?


Passing the feeding station I cannot refuse a shot of these brilliant little birds.


Thanks for looking
STAY SAFE (things might be looking up?)

Joe.











2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness that caaaad weather has finally gone !!! Lovely pics of the Buzzards Joe and i love the idea of the Little Egret checking the water temperature....... made me smile LOLOL. And you gotta capture a LTT when you get the chance, cracking little birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Johnny ,I like you hate the cold weather it gets right into the bones and in my case i end up in a hot bath to get things back to normal.got myself another letter this morning about corvid telling me i have to continue self isolating until the end of march (bloody gutted).

    ReplyDelete