Monday 8 October 2012

Scuba-ing on the Moss!! Part 1


Our visit to Leighton Moss last week was a bit of a shock to the system (didn't take me Scuba gear or my wellies) six to eight inches of water over all the paths and reported to be over the wellie tops at times heading to the lower hide.

A trip down to the new sea hides was a little better but very muddy I still managed to get my gear down and get few pics of this rather smart Greenshank that was with another four of his mates ,
moving onto the next hide produced a very nice Green sandpiper that had been there for a couple of days until it was frightened away by two Nikon touting machine guns that spoiled it for every one (no wonder we get a bad name!!)

 this Curlew was quite obliging in the morning light along with the Heron watching over things.

This was the real villain who was having a go at anything that came within thirty yards and at one point nearly did for a spotted Redshank just as I was setting up, a Little grebe didn't come off much better over on the next pond and must still be recovering I didn't realize how agile these crows were and he didn't mind getting his feet wet.




No comments:

Post a Comment